[AccessD] Attaching a file to an email

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue May 18 17:01:35 CDT 2004

On 18 May 2004 at 8:44, Rocky Smolin - Beach Access S wrote:

> Dear List:
>
> I would like to export a couple of text files from an app and hook
> them to an email, though code.  I'm using DoCmd.SendObject because it
> looks like it's independent of the mail client onthe user's machine.
>
> But is there a way to attach a file to the email which is generated by
> DoCmd.SendObject?

As  others have said, yopu can't do it with Docmd.SendObject. That's
one of the reasons I wrote MAPISend.

"MAPISend is a simple Command Line utility to send messages (and
attachments) via any MAPI compliant email system (such as Pegasus
Mail). You can use it in batch files or macros/modules in other
programs to automate emailing documents. If you run MAPISend without
any parameters, it will display a simple help screen. "

You can download MAPISend from http://www.lexacorp.com.pg (follow the
"Free Software" link). It's an 11KB zip file.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg