[AccessD] OT-Can anyone help me with ASP problem (complete no vice)

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu May 20 15:55:49 CDT 2004

A good help mailist or blogs at communities http://www.aspadvice.com

If you have ASP on your machine, you have the adovbs.inc file somewhere on
your machine. Do a search for it. adovbs.inc is a text file containing ASP
scripting that provides constant string values for a whole slew of ADO
properties. For example, if you don't use ADO, you can open a
fully-navigable RecordSet by specifying the CursorType property thusly:

RecordSetName.CursorType = 3

If using adovbs.inc, you can use:

RecordSetName.CursorType = adOpenStatic

---
You can store adovbs.inc anywhere.  I use similar includes in an /includes/
folder off the root:    /includes/

Then reference it this way:

<!--#include virtual="/includes/adovbs.inc"-->

or directly off your root  include the following

<!-- #include file="../adovbs.inc" -->

To really speed things up you can put the following inside the file
global.asa:
and avoid putting all this 10 K script from adovbs.inc in every page.
You will need access to IIS to do this
<!--METADATA TYPE="TypeLib"
FILE="c:\program files\common files\system\ado\msado15.dll" NAME="ADO type
library"
-->

--
Marty Connelly