[AccessD] On DB Bloat, Bad DB Design, and various

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Fri May 21 15:31:41 CDT 2004

Having never heard this before, I created an Access table with 9 text
(255) fields and successfully added a row. Then I decided to add some
more fields to the table, all text 255. I quit at 20, where I was able
to add and edit a row.

This is Access 2002 so your results may differ. In this version, the 2k
limit is no longer. The database is Access 2000 style, so this must have
been true then too.