[AccessD] Orphaned program instances

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Mon May 24 21:37:16 CDT 2004

I have ran into the same problem...I believe it is a timing issue. If you
get ahead of the document processing, the instance of Word does not close
even though you have apparently exited properly. I do not have the code here
but I believe I resolved it by running a DoEvent with a 'borrow' piece of
API sample code, from Leban's web site that watched for instances of Word
and a global variable. (Now that I have given you such an accurate
description, the rest should be easy....<grin>)

HTH
Jim