[AccessD] File Slice/Splice

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed May 26 14:52:44 CDT 2004

At some places I know, the users and developers would be outside the Net
Admin's door with pitchforks and torches.
Even places like DND run completely seperate secure systems.

Here is one way around Access Security macros via vbs but I suppose this
has been disabled.

However you should  be able to run this from Access 97, calling an
Access 2003 app with macro security set to off by changing this one  line.
Set AcApp = CreateObject("Access.Application.11")
Works on my machine with both versions installed.

Const cDatabaseToOpen = "C:\<FileToOpen>.mdb"

On Error Resume Next
Dim AcApp as object
Set AcApp = CreateObject("Access.Application")
If AcApp.Version >= 10 Then
     AcApp.AutomationSecurity = 1 ' msoAutomationSecurityLow
End If
AcApp.Visible = True
AcApp.OpenCurrentDatabase cDatabaseToOpen
If AcApp.CurrentProject.FullName <> "" Then
     AcApp.UserControl = True
Else
     AcApp.Quit
     MsgBox "Failed to open '" & cDatabaseToOpen  & "'."
End If

Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.
Canada