[AccessD] A2K/AXP Repllcation problem

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Fri Nov 5 13:21:48 CST 2004

Dear Group,

I have one application that uses Replication, for better or for worse. At the moment I'm converting it into a web-based app useing .NET technologies. Wish me luck.

But for now my client is still using replication. There are a few laptops that are taken all over the state and brought back to the home office for synchronizing. Today this error occured when the synchronization progress bar had gotten about half-way.:

"Synchronization between replica 'C:\Apps...mdb' and replica '\\Dawn-mpc\...mdb' failed.
The search key was not found in any record." (I removed the full UNC path to the database names. The database names are correct.)

The help for this error says: "Error 3079 occurs when an ISAM SEEK is being executed and there are no matching values in the index."

I have no clue as to which key or index in which table. I was told that synchronization took place last week flawlessly.

Might the repair and compact option be called for here? What do you think?

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI