[AccessD] ODBC against Oracle partitioned db

O'Connor, Patricia (OTDA) Patricia.O'Connor at dfa.state.ny.us
Tue Nov 16 09:28:49 CST 2004

Hi all

When I use the Oracle ODBC driver against an ORACLE un-partitioned table
from Access (either passthru or gui), I have not problem. Data comes
back can scroll through 1-30+K records no problem.

When I use same driver against an Oracle partitioned table from access,
I get temporary freeze ups when scrolling through records even scrolling
from column 1 to say col 10 on screen. It doesn't matter how many
records in set - scroll down 3-6 records - stop. Sometimes the stall can
be 2-5 minutes.

Doesn't matter if it is the only thing running on computer. I do not
have this problem with an unpartioned set.  I waste a good amount of
time waiting for access to let me back in.

Has anyone run into this and is there a workaround or setting I need to
change in the driver configuration.  My machine is Win2k, Access2k,
Oracle10

Thanks in advance
Patti

*Patricia O'Connor