[AccessD] Corrupt Data File

MACE, Terry terry.mace at baesystems.com
Wed Nov 17 19:36:57 CST 2004

Help!!

I have a store management database application in Ac97 and last night the
back end data file was corrupted.  I have run the Ac97 repair tool and also
Jetcomp.exe on the file and they both say the file is OK.

The problem is when I attempt to open it I get the following message:

"'Index1' isn't an index in this table. Look in the indexes collection of
the TableDef object to determine the valid index names." OK /HELP

Clicking on the OK button just terminates the opening process.  Due to an
undiscovered (until now!) quirk in our backup system, this file has never
been backed up.  The file size is 7.2Mb and contains about 7000 records. A
zipped copy is about 1.6Mb.

Any advice on how or who could fix it would be most appreciated.

Terry Mace
BAE Systems
Melbourne, Australia