[AccessD] Updatable UNION?

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Thu Nov 18 03:09:56 CST 2004

Morning all
I've a continuous screen which needs to list two types of order in date
sequence. These are held on separate tables. No problem, a UNION query does
the job fine. However the user has to tick an order to say it's despatched,
and then the screen needs to show that information, but the recordset is not
updatable. Presumably this applies to all UNION queries does it? Does anyone
have a way round this or do I have to go to extracting to a temp table and
all that jazz?

By the way it's not practical to upodate the underlying tables and requery
to display the depatch info because there's a lot of data on screen and
requerying takes too long.

--
Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk