[AccessD] XPOSTED Where to put a query.

Joe Hecht jmhla at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 20 22:58:11 CST 2004

I am working on an inherited database.

The original database there was a 1->1 relationship between employees and
job titles.

At the request of the client, I have made a 1->many relationship between
employees and job titles.

This sql was the after update to the form:

INSERT INTO TrainDate ( EmpID, DocID )

SELECT Employee.EmpID, JobDoc.DocID

FROM Employee INNER JOIN JobDoc ON Employee.JobTitleID = JobDoc.JobTitleID

WHERE (((Employee.EmpID)=[Forms]![Employees]![EmpID]) AND
((Employee.JobTitleID)=[JobDoc].[JobTitleID]));

I need to know please:

          1. Where do I put the sql statement to check each record on the
subform.

          2. How do I ensure it does not add duplicate records if a
potentional situation

                   a. existing employee is in the system

                   b. if they are assigned a second or more job title

Hope this is clear.

TIA

JOE HECHT

LOS ANGELES CA