[AccessD] Time Synchronization

mnptl at sonmedia.com mnptl at sonmedia.com
Tue Nov 2 14:20:38 CST 2004

Hi Chris - yes, TECHNICALLY that would be a lot easier!  PROCEDURALLY,
that could take months!  I'm currently assisting a pharmaceutical company
with ensuring that they meet all FDA regulations, especially those
concerning electronic records.

The concept of handling their time synchronization in a centralized way is
somewhat new, and will have to go up the chain of command to head office,
mulled over, a policy put in place, local IT procedures created, and then
the technical controls instituted...  a very long process.

I was hoping that there was something similar to:

command.com /c net time \\<servername> /set /y

that could use for synchronizing the local machine's time to a "standard"
clock available on the Internet, such as NIST.  I tried the command above
with:

command.com /c net time \\129.6.15.28 /set /y

... (which is one of the NIST time server IP addresses) but with no
success.  It CAN be used for synchronizing with the back-end server, but I
was hoping for something more thorough!

Let me know if you know of any other way.

Thanks,

Mark