[AccessD] MDW ByPass Surgery, Post Op

Thu Nov 4 10:42:15 CST 2004

With no password, if you pass the user name in the command line then the
worst you'll have to do is hit enter when the password dialog appears. Not
too arduous <g>.

There is little point in having the MDW file on the user's machine. If you
needed to move them into a different user group you would have to visit the
workstation to do that. So the MDW should always be centrally stored,
available to all users.  But note, the MDW is in fact just a plain ordinary
MDB file with a different extension. As such it is subject to all the usual
corruption risks, so I should be sure to backup the file at least once every
day.

If you do get a corruption of the MDW file, usually it is enough to open it
with Access (from the File, Open menu) and run a Repair on it.

Lambert