[AccessD] Date() not working - MDAC issue or not?

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Thu Nov 4 18:13:37 CST 2004

Kath,

A few years ago I noticed this problem on a few computers, and it was a
sporadic problem.  To get around it I put the following in a standard
module:

Public Function CurrentDate() As Date

    CurrentDate = CDate(DatePart("m", Now()) & "/" & DatePart("d", Now()) _
	& "/" & DatePart("yyyy", Now()))

    Exit Function

End Function

Now whenever I need the current date I just write:  txtDate = CurrentDate

No problems for several years now!

Dan Waters
ProMation Systems