[AccessD] how to do this?

Pedro Janssen pedro at plex.nl
Mon Nov 8 15:35:36 CST 2004

Thank you Marty, this is very usefull.

Pedro Janssen

----- Original Message -----
From: "MartyConnelly" <martyconnelly at shaw.ca>
To: "Access Developers discussion and problem solving"
<accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: [AccessD] how to do this?

> Well you can either store the Quantity on Hand or Calculate it
> Here is an article that describes the pros and cons, This will affect
> your overall design.
> Inventory Control: Quantity on Hand
> http://members.iinet.net.au/~allenbrowne/AppInventory.html
>

> pedro at plex.nl wrote:
>
> >Hello Group,
> >
> >What is the best way to do the following routine?
> >
> >I have a form with a field: [ArticleNumber]. I am scanning a barcode and
the Article Number is placed in the field. When the Article number is placed
this number must be processed as Follows; (in the table behind the form is
also a field: [Quantity]) the value of [Quantity] must be decreased with 1.
When the amount of [Quantity] reaches a certain minimum a message box must
appear.