[AccessD] Adding history cycles of data

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 9 21:06:41 CST 2004

Hi Kath:

Just a comment; 6 new tables a quarter? Why? I can see adding some
historical summary data to a special set of tables, to maybe aid in fast
processing for a complex set of calculations but continually generating
table after table seems to be a waste. That is where quering are used.

A number of years ago I took over a site with about ninety forms and I can
not remember how many queries, macros but the list was pretty staggering.
The system is now running on less than twenty non-duplicated forms and the
only thing that increased has been the data and number of reports.

My recommendation is try to keep the application as lean as possible. Think
of the poor programmer that has to manage it all...and it may be you! :-)

Jim