[AccessD] Import from .prn File

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 11 10:08:10 CST 2004

Debbie,

<<Does anyone have suggestions about how to import this file into Access?>>

  Not to be flippant, but don't<g>.

  The contents of a .prn file are dependant on the printer driver used to
create it.  If you have no control over that, then  the contents and
encoding of that file could/will be different from one file to the next.

  If you do have control over the file creation, use the Generic Text Only
driver to produce it.  You should be able to use the Access Import Wizard at
that point or use VB code to read it in line by line.

Jim Dettman