[AccessD] Unable to Open or Design Reports

James Barash James at fcidms.com
Thu Nov 11 11:12:18 CST 2004

All:

I was visiting a client today who was having a problem with our system. None
of the reports would print or preview. From the database window, I was
unable to Preview or Design any of the existing reports and was unable to
create a new report, either using the Design View or the Report Wizard. I
created a blank database and also could not create any reports. Trying to
open or design did not produce any error message, but did not open a report
either. Using the Report Wizard, I got through all the prompts and after
clicking the Finished button, I got the message "Unable to Create Report" I
could create all the other types of objects: Tables, Queries, Forms, Macros
and Modules. The system was working as of last week and he assured me there
had been no changes to the computer since. Our system does work on other
computer in the same office.
	The system is a single file running on the local drive. The user
does have admin rights (create, read, write, update, delete) on the local
drive. The computer is running Windows XP (SP1) and Office 2003 (SP1). I
suggested that reloading Office would be the best thing to do but that has
to be done through their IT department and could take a while. Has anyone
seen this before and have a solution or any suggestions.

Thanks,

James Barash