[AccessD] A2003: Design Question

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 16 08:39:20 CST 2004

Darren,

I've done something similar in the past...not sure if this will
help...but...if you are using a union, your union knows where it is getting
the data.  Why not create a field(Entity) in the union that differentiates
the data.  Here is an example.

SELECT tblClient.PK, "Client" AS Entity, tblClient.Data, tblClient.MoreData
FROM tblClient
ORDER BY tblClient.PK, "Client"
WITH OWNERACCESS OPTION;

UNION SELECT tblFranchise.PK,"Franchise" AS Entity, tblFranchise.Data,
tblFranchise.MoreData
FROM tblFranchise
WITH OWNERACCESS OPTION;

Hope this helps.