[AccessD] duplicates question * can't find in archives

Jim Hewson JHewson at karta.com
Tue Nov 16 13:08:35 CST 2004

My first thought: is to duplicate the student table and rename it to tbl_stndata.
Change the old PK to a FK.  Add a new PK.
Run a duplicate query on the student data table, change the FK to one of those showing.
After that's done, then delete the fields no longer needed.
Delete all the records duplicated/deleted from the Student table.
For example, if records 24, 125, 156 were referencing the same student.
The records 125 and 156 could be deleted in the student table and the FK changed to 24 in the student data table.
Once both tables have been modified a relationship could be established.

Jim