Svar: [AccessD] A2003:Test Voracity of URLS

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Nov 18 03:42:06 CST 2004

Hi Darren

Not quite sure what you are doing. It will return one result only ...
index.htm is chosen as any site has this page. By second thought,
index.html is possible too, but I don't know (do we have a web guru
present?) - perhaps the function should be expanded to check for any of
these two files?

/gustav

>>> d.dick at uws.edu.au 18-11-2004 01:58:27 >>>

Hi Gustav
Many thanks
I'm not sure how to use the code though :-(( I get odd results

When I put isUrl ("http://www.ibm.com") behind a button on a form
and put debug.print IsURL at the end of Public Function IsURL
I get "true"
If I put msgbox IsYrl at the end of Public Function IsURL
I get false
??
Dunno what it all means

http://www.ibm.com is a valid and live website
How do it know if there will be an index.htm file at the other end?
And how come I get differeing results with MSGBOX and Debug.print?

Obviously doing something wrong

Many thanks in advance

Darren