[AccessD] Updatable UNION?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Nov 18 04:58:03 CST 2004

Hi Andy

No, unions are read-only. If you can't go the update-behind-requery
route, I guess you are left with the temp table.

/gustav

>>> andy at minstersystems.co.uk 18-11-2004 10:09:56 >>>

Morning all
I've a continuous screen which needs to list two types of order in
date
sequence. These are held on separate tables. No problem, a UNION query
does
the job fine. However the user has to tick an order to say it's
despatched,
and then the screen needs to show that information, but the recordset
is not
updatable. Presumably this applies to all UNION queries does it? Does
anyone
have a way round this or do I have to go to extracting to a temp table
and
all that jazz?

By the way it's not practical to upodate the underlying tables and
requery
to display the depatch info because there's a lot of data on screen
and
requerying takes too long.

--
Andy Lacey