[AccessD] Accessing data in secured mdb from another ... Clumsy fix - comments please

MarkH lists at theopg.com
Fri Nov 19 03:55:50 CST 2004

Hello again...

I can establish (fairly easilly) a connection using the following
method:

    Dim app As Access.Application
    Dim db As DAO.Database

    Set app = New Access.Application

    app.SetDefaultWorkgroupFile "pathToMDW"

    app.OpenCurrentDatabase "pathToSecuredMDB" 'login prompt displayed

    '... Set rs etc...

This works, but I'm concerned that working with a database this way may
invite problems (never had to do it like this before). The clients
network is one of the slowest I ever worked with and I would like to
avoid potentially locking up a machine while the app etc. is being
accessed.

Anyone out there have experience of this method and what to look out
for?

Many thanks

Mark

---