[AccessD] ActiveX control for capturing a signature?

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Fri Nov 19 10:37:18 CST 2004

You need additional hardware to capture the signature.  The kind of
hardware determines the software and the OCX you use.  We use the Topaz
SigLite pads, chosen in part because they are compatible with Access and
their support is good.  Warning:  programming this stuff and making it
work is tricky!  There are also security considerations.  Are the users
willing to have their signatures stored somewhere for an indeterminate
period and with unknown security?  We store sigs only long enough to
produce PDF documents containing the signed reports and then destroy the
signature string, which is captured in a table.

Charlotte Foust