[AccessD] Re: Selecting Languages - English or Spanish or Som ething

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Nov 27 22:59:57 CST 2004

On 25 Nov 2004 at 8:50, Roz Clarke wrote:

> Anything that's spelt differently is no problem for text translation, only
> aural translation. So I don't think those *would* work!
>
> Right (correct) and right (hand) and free (at liberty) and free (gratuit)
> are the only ones I can think of just now.

Take a look at the number of meanings for the words "set" and "run" in any
good dictionary :-)

As an aside, most difficult words to translate:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3830521.stm

(I'm coming in on this a bit late. I've just spent the last week sailing
from the Whitsundays in Australia to PNG and I'm just catching up on a
weeks worth of email.   A great experience. My first time to sail a square
rigger - a  53ft brigantine.)

--
Stuart