[AccessD] Windows 2000 Professional, Access 2000 Runtime on Windows XP

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 30 11:19:40 CST 2004

Well you could develop your Access 2000 runtime on an XP box.
Going to Access 2003 will give you a few more headaches as you will have
to handle Access Macro Security with 2003 yourself.
The Access 2003 sagekey scripts have a way of disabling macro security
for a specific install without using a certificate store.
For one site I had someone write a quick and dirty VB program to startup
up access with 2003 macro security disabled..
With SageKey you are essentially paying for the testing of  their
product with a myriad of OS and Access permutations.
You could buy just the MSI installer scripts from SageKey if you have a
vanilla install, ie. no multiple OCX's to be installed as well.
Cheaper than buying Install Shield or Wise with the scripts.
Ask sagekey about it.
Why don't you phone SageKey  (888) 248-0055 Tollfree
They are in British Columbia and speak Canadian ;).

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.