[AccessD] Another User Edited this Record (XP)

Nicholson, Karen cyx5 at cdc.gov
Wed Oct 6 12:09:51 CDT 2004

Trickery needed.  I have a form based on the table tblTrackingSheetWIP.
Due to questionable database design, this form opens up another form,
where the tasknumber=tasknumber, that is based off of the same table.
User makes changes to second form.  Closes second form and returns to
route form.  Tries to change data on the original form and gets the
Another User Has Edited this Record.... Save your changes, etc.  I have
tried everything to get this record to save - closing the original form,
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord, refresh, the works.

For now, I am closing the first form after I open the second, and it
looks like I will have to just return to a prior form and make the user
reselect the record to open up the first form.  Any ideas on a
workaround so I can open the first form gracefully?  Am I making sense?

Karen Nicholson
National Laboratory
Xerox Global Services