[AccessD] Run-Time error 2507 when importing from DBase

Christopher Hawkins clh at christopherhawkins.com
Mon Oct 18 17:04:12 CDT 2004

So here's the dilemma.  I have an mdb that is executing
DoCmd.TransferDatabase to pull a .dbf file in.  This work great on
every machine except for one.  On the problem machine, the code
throws an error (paraphrased):  "run-time error 2507: the type "DBASE
5.0" is not an installed database type".

I've googoled but to no avail.  WHat's really kicking my butt is that
I've heard of this one befroe, I know it.  But I can't find any
solutions anywhere.

Has anyone seen this, or have a link to a KBase article or something
I can use to guide my way througha troubleshoot?
Respectfully,

Christopher Hawkins
Software Developer
(559) 687-7591