[AccessD] Go to a new record on a subform on a tab control

Klos, Susan Susan.Klos at fldoe.org
Thu Oct 21 14:52:31 CDT 2004

I have a main form (frmAllData) that contains a tab control.  So far there
are two tabs on the control - Peopleform and frmCallData.

PeopleForm and frmAllData are both bound to the same table (People).  I have
a combo box (cboFindPeople) on frmAllData that looks for someone on
PeopleForm.

Then frmCallData contains all the calls associated with the person found.

If a person's name is input into cboFindPeople and that person is not in the
database, I want a yes/no message box to pop up and if the user decides to
add the person, I want to set peopleform on the tab control to add and then
I want to populate the FName, LName, and ContactPerson controls with the
information in cboFindPeople.

I think I can populate the controls if I can just get to the subform on the
tab control and set the form to add.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Susan Klos

Senior Database Analyst