[AccessD] Recordset to a Continuous Form

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 12 11:21:25 CDT 2004

You create the recordset object, set the Form.Recordset property to equal
the recordset...

Form.Recordset = rst

Works with controls too:

Form.Control.Recordset = rst!field

But then, I'm not sure I'm understanding the problem. So, you might want to
just ignore me. And, I'm not positive it would even work.

What exactly is the issue? There are lots of ways to populate a form without
using a Recordset. Are you stuck with a Recordset object? Beyond that,
what's the problem -- you don't want the form to update the underlying
source? If that's the case, use a Snapshot Recordset object -- ADO's aren't
updateable, I don't remember about DAO though.

Susan H.

Susan,

I'm not sure what you mean by the "forms recordset" property. The Help MS
provides with this property is more to do with using it like:

Set rst = me.recordset................

But that is assuming you have a bound form to a query or table.

Is there another method you have in mind that I'm missing?