[AccessD] Recordset to a Continuous Form

ACTEBS actebs at actebs.com.au
Wed Oct 13 10:44:32 CDT 2004

Hi Gustav,

>>Yes, this is nice for a read-only application ... do these count for
90% of all frontends?

With DAO it works like a normal bound app. I agree with ADO it is
useless. I'm doing this with DAO so it serves it's purpose...

>>Yes, much more fun to deal with the links any time a form is to be
loaded. You could create a class for that ...

Only need to do this once. The app is loaded and the path automatically
stored within a text box on the main menu. Only have to read this value
when making a connection eg:

Set dbs = Opendatabase(Forms!frmMainMenu!txtAppPath)

It works quite well...

Vlad