[AccessD] acCmdCompileAllModules

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Oct 18 04:02:27 CDT 2004

Hi Dan

> Has anyone tried this?

> DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCompileAllModules

> I wanted to use it to detect any compile errors before shutting down my
> development database.  I tested with a misspelled keyword (DoCmd.Close
> acformX, "frmMyForm"), and this was not detected by the compile command.  Of
> course if I click the compile button it is detected.

> Should this work as I'm expecting?

Perhaps, but it doesn't - because you can't ask the code to compile
itself.

You have to run this command from a macro.
We had a long thread on this and references. Look up in the archives:

  "Broken References in Runtime AXP and A97. Solved!"

from 2003-07-23.

The macro is there shown converted to VBA code.
However, Marty learned us how to save and load objects as text, so
here goes:

  Application.LoadFromText acMacro, "AutoExec", "autoexec.txt"

and here is the text to save as autoexec.txt:

<snip>

Version = 131074
ColumnsShown = 3
Begin