[AccessD] Open a form and find a record

Mcgillivray, Donald [ITS] donald.a.Mcgillivray at mail.sprint.com
Mon Oct 18 13:56:03 CDT 2004

Well, I don't have to worry much about portability issues, but I'd be
interested in the opinions of folks better versed than I in the area of
optimization.  I was under the impression that a simple one-time call to
a domain function in a case like this is no big deal in terms of speed.
(I suppose it depends on the size of the table.)  I do avoid using them
in iterative processes, however.

Maybe after applying the filter you could evaluate the state of the
form's underlying recordset (eof/bof) upon open (load?), and, if it's
empty, display a message box and close the form.  Just speculating here
- haven't actually tried it.