[AccessD] Troubleshootoing an OLE server error?

Christopher Hawkins clh at christopherhawkins.com
Thu Oct 21 16:31:21 CDT 2004

I am in deep dip.

Here's the situation:  I have a form that is throwing the following
error when I click any button, the close button included:

A problem occurred while Microsoft Office Access was communicating
with the OLE server or Active X control.

Now, I'm not doing anything with OLE servers or Active X controls.
It's just a plain ol' form bound to a table.  But any buttons I click
bring up this error - the button code does not execute.

I don't even know where to start troubleshooting.  I've been Googling
the error, but am not finding much.  Has anyone seen this?
Respectfully,

Christopher Hawkins
Software Developer
(559) 687-7591