[AccessD] Export to CSV file problem

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Oct 25 17:24:09 CDT 2004

On 25 Oct 2004 at 16:47, Kaup, Chester A wrote:

> I have the following field in a query that makes a table.
> Date: Format((CDate(Forms![frm Select Date]!selected_date)),"Short
> Date")
> When I open up the table I see a short date
> When I export the table to a csv type file I get both the date and the
> time.
> How do I get only the date into the csv file?

Is the field in the table defined as String or Date/Time? (I just tried
this in A2K and in my case it did end up as a String)

How are you doing the Export?

Incudentally, it is not good practice to use "Date" as a field name since
it is a reserved word with a specific meaining in Access. It can bite you
in all sorts of ways.

--
Stuart