[AccessD] 2 qstions: Create table using UNION; Export to flatfile

S D accessd667 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 06:37:18 CDT 2004

Gustav AND STUART

Thnx :-)

quote gustav [Great. And Stuart did answer too, thanks.] unquote gustav

Stuart McLachlan <stuart at lexacorp.com.pg> wrote:
On 26 Oct 2004 at 23:43, S D wrote:

> Problem 1: The help file says that when you use a delimited export you do not need a specificationname (see below).
> However when I use this command:
> DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, , "tSapExport", "c:\sapexport.txt"
> I get the following error:
> 3441 Text file specification field separator matches decimal separator or text delimiter
>
> I have no idea what to do with this error. (tried M$, msdn, and even google ;-))
>
> Problem 2: I do not know how to create a specification file.
> Any idea how to create such a file?

The answer to problem 2 will slove Problem 1.

Open the Table and use the File-Export to create a text file. In any step
of the Export Wizard, click the Advanced button and define the export
specification then Save it.

Once you have saved it, you can specify the save name in the Docmd
arguments.

--
Stuart