[AccessD] Protecting a subform with password

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Sep 4 12:59:35 CDT 2004

I would suggest a small login form as the db opens, then the db knows who is
working in it.  Now build a table of "can use" and a function that checks if
the logged in user can use.  If so then allow the unhide / enable.  I do
something similar to this with controls that only supervisors should have
access to.  I have users, groups, GroupUsers, then objects,
GroupsCanUseObjects.  Of course that is overkill if this is the only object
in the db that you need to protect but if there are many of them then it
makes sense.