[AccessD] Parts and assemblies design

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Sun Sep 5 14:02:34 CDT 2004

Eric,

You are getting into the basics of a Material Resource Planning system
(MRP).  You are making a Bill of Material (BOM) structure.  I would
recommend that you find some examples of these before you do much more work.
(Sorry I can't give you direction on this.)  I suspect though, that using
many-to-many relationships are not what you will want.

Also, since you are developing a system for a medical device company, you
must be very familiar with the FDA's rule on electronic records and
signatures.  This is called Title 21 CFR Part 11.  Much information is on
the FDA's website,

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRSearch.cfm?CFRPar
t=11

Also, there are some guidance documents issued by the FDA over the past
couple of years that will have an impact on what you're doing.

The Regulatory Manager at your company should be able to give you more
information.

Best of Luck!

Dan