[AccessD] AHOO!!! Got my action pack

Greg Smith GregSmith at starband.net
Wed Sep 8 09:42:15 CDT 2004

Hi everyone.

I have had the MS Action Pack now for two years and I really like it.  I
had to 'join' the Partners section this last spring in order to renew my
action pack for the next year, but that was at no additional cost to me.

The licensing is this:  You initially purchase the Action Pack for $xxx.xx
(I've heard different amounts, so whatever the price is) for the first
year.  You now have a one-year MS License for all of the products in the
Pack.  You can install, register, etc.  Just not sell.  At the end of the
licensing year (for you), you may renew your subscription for $199 for
another year's subscription or not.  If you renew, your Action Packs
(quarterly) continue.  If you do not renew, then, the caveat begins.  You
must remove all of the Action Pack software from your computers, and,
believe it or not, you DID agree to this when you signed up (somewhere in
the King James version of the licensing agreement...:P....).

Well, I'm continuing with the renewal because of the access to premium MS
software with valid licensing and a resonable price.  Where else could you
get 10 or more licenses of MS Office 2003 and Windows XP?  Legal copies,
no less either!  That in and of itself has paid for the Action Pack for
me.  Even if I DO have to renew each year.

Just my thoughts.

Greg Smith