[AccessD] AHOO!!! Got my action pack

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Fri Sep 10 09:10:10 CDT 2004

Richard,

>> Is this offer open to non-US persons? You have to subscribe for 2 years (ie 2 * $375)? I assume after the 2 years you are still able to use all the software and what stops are the updates etc - can you confirm this? <<

You mean I've gotta look it up in the EULA? Golly!

Lets see:

"Is this offer open to non-US persons?" Paragraph 23 of the agreement says that only one of these Empower enrollments can be made per company PER COUNTRY. It goes on to say, "For example, if Member has three subsidiaries located in three different countries, your company may be awarded up to four initiative memberships; one for your company and one for each subsidiary."

"You have to subscribe for 2 years (ie 2 * $375)?" No, you may subscribe for UP TO two years; you don't need to continue beyond the first year. However the other requirements would still be in force, I believe; namely, that you have to develop and release a "new commercial software solution within 24 months from activation of your initial membership."

"I assume after the 2 years you are still able to use all the software and what stops are the updates etc - can you confirm this?" The agreement says (paragraph 11b), "Upon expiration of your enrollment in this initiative, you must remove all copies of the software licensed under this agreement, unless valid licenses are acquired."

I hope this answers your questions.

Steve Erbach