[AccessD] AHOO!!! Got my action pack

Mitsules, Mark S. (Newport News) Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Fri Sep 10 09:28:24 CDT 2004

Brett,

I didn't mean to imply any wrongdoing.  As for the "distinguished expert",
the author's comments, he assures us, came after lengthy discussions with an
M$ "licensing guru".  By all accounts, (his, his account of M$'s response,
and your experience,) there is nothing "wrong" with this approach.  I
understand your comment that M$, and not the vendor, is doing the actual
activation.  But, in the retail version you deal directly with M$, and it
seems that in this option the vendor initiates the activation process on
your behalf.  My underlying question still remains...just as this author
asked, "Is there a problem having the software activated by the vendor as
long as you get the media and updates?"  So far, by all accounts, it seems
the answer is no...

Mark