[AccessD] OT: Express version numbers

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 10 16:42:55 CDT 2004

FWIW, also ran SELECT @@version and got 9 -- so I guess it uses the same
version numbers as SQL Server. I'm not sure whether I find that odd or not.
If anyone knows any different, please let me know. I half expected to see
1.0, 2.0 for the MSDN versions and then something akin to 3.0 for Express.

Thanks!
Susan H.

sp_dbcmptlevel [[@dbname=] 'database_name']

 [,[@new_cmptlevel=] version]

If you run this in SQL Server Express using an invalid version number, the
error message lists the SQL Server version numbers. It does make sense, if I
force it to. ;)

I also considered that the error message might just be wrong.

Does anyone know if this is supposed to use SQL Server version numbers
instead of Express/MSDN version numbers?