[AccessD] Urgent help please - Can't open html pageinFrontpagefromAccess form

Kath Pelletti KP at sdsonline.net
Wed Sep 15 00:03:53 CDT 2004

Hi Jim - thanks for your comment - these particular users really don't understand (or accept) that the doc. will look different once displayed in the browser, eg. if they have created it in Word and then it is converted by Microsoft to html....and I understand where they are coming from.

They have accepted that to create it as a web page they need to do so in Frontpage and then they can see how it will look once it goes live. My problem (and I can't believe that I'm still stuck on this) is providing a link for all staff in the office to be able to open the documents they create, edit them and save them.

It is essential that it happen from the database because I am storing a history of documents (just path/s and filename/s) they create and they have complex selection criteria for nominating which clients eventually *see* the doc on the website. Given that it is so easy to create / and link to a doc in Word or Excel from an Access form I thought it would be pretty straightforward to do something like this in Frontpage. I'm still sure that it is.....just not there yet.

Kath