[AccessD] Connecting to MySQL across Internet **Anybody???**

Steve Conklin (Developer@UltraDNT) Developer at UltraDNT.com
Thu Sep 16 11:13:01 CDT 2004

Ok, I'll take a shot, but this is a strict AFAIK, maybe someone else
knows better ...

Assuming your Access application is running completely on the client PC
(that's why you asked this list), that is, no ASP/IIS going on; then the
only way, and its not light, would be MySQL ODBC installed on the
client, then you can instantiate an ADO connection only when needed.

This is an area where a Web Service could come into play; that would be
lighter than ODBC, but much heavier on your development time (web server
development to expose the service, application development to request
the service, etc, etc)

Hth
Steve