[AccessD] ADP

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Fri Sep 17 11:17:20 CDT 2004

The question as asked is a little bit ambiguous. You could mean, when
creating the ADP -- in that case the wizard lets you pick the database.
Or you could mean that you want the user to be able to switch from one
version of the database to another, on the fly. In this case, create a
reference to the SQL-DMO library, which contains a bunch of useful
objects for this sort of thing. I have code in an app I did a while back
that lists the servers available in a listbox, then the databases of the
selected server in another listbox, and lets the user connect to the
selected database, basically by creating a new connection object. This
route risks ungracefulness, however, since in theory the user could
select a completely inappropriate database and have your pretty Access
ADP application blow up unmercifully. We got around this by naming the
parallel databases using a naming scheme, so then we could eliminate any
irrelvant databases before populating the listbox.

Arthur