[AccessD] Connecting to SQL from Access w/a single login?

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Sep 19 09:56:09 CDT 2004

Hi Brett

> Try setting tdAttach.Attributes = dbAttachSavePWD

First, I think this is for attached Jet databases only.
Second, I guess this should be:

  tdAttach.Attributes = tdAttach.Attributes Or dbAttachSavePWD

or you would kill any other attribute (or raise an error).

Also, this should not be necessary:

>    Do Until rs.EOF
>        Debug.Print rs!Name
>        Set tdf = db.CreateTableDef(rs!Name)
>
>        tdf.Connect = "ODBC;" & _
>            ExtractArg(rs!Connect, "DRIVER") & ";" & _
>            "SERVER=" & strServer & ";" & _
>            ExtractArg(rs!Connect, "DATABASE") & ";" & _
>            "UID=" & strUID & ";" & _
>            "PWD=" & strPWD
>
>        tdf.Attributes = dbAttachSavePWD
>        tdf.SourceTableName = rs!ForeignName
>        db.TableDefs.Delete rs!Name
>        db.TableDefs.Append tdf
>
>        rs.MoveNext
>    Loop

A Refresh is normally fine (and faster):

       Set tdf = db.TableDefs(rs!Name)
       tdf.Connect = "ODBC;" & _ ...
       tdf.Attributes = dbAttachSavePWD
       tdf.SourceTableName = rs!ForeignName