[AccessD] microsoft access questions

Roz Clarke roz.clarke at donnslaw.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 03:23:41 CST 2005

Hi Marvin

To get sequential numbers you do need an autonumber primary key. If you try
to change the column you already have, I suspect it will fail. You probably
need to add a new primary key field and remove the number field you have
currently.

Once the underlying data is corrected the report should be OK. You may also
find that your referential integrity works once you have a unique key. It
should be noted, however, that cascade deletes are dangerous and best
avoided... Try it and get back to us.

Sorry I can't help you on the software question.

HTH

Roz