[AccessD] OT: What are you lot doing now and then?

Randall Anthony randall.anthony at cox.net
Tue Apr 12 08:52:59 CDT 2005

Dear Listers,
This will serve as a partial follow-up to this discussion.  I can
happily report that I am employed full-time as of tomorrow with a local,
large health group.  It manages hospitals and health insurance in the
region.  I will be serving in a dba capacity using Access, SQL, and some
PICK, I think.  In addition, I will be assisting other developers in VB,
ASP, and the proposed changes to the .Net framework, including
developing new apps via .Net and conversion procedures.

I think I am quite fortunate that my plan has payed off.  My last class
was three weeks ago, and I've one exam left.  I am now MCP certified in
SQL2000 programming and administration, and .Net development (web and
VB.Net).  I hope to take the WinServer2003 exam in the next few weeks
(which will give me my MCDBA).  As I have mentioned before, in my area,
as expressed to me by more than a few potential employers, my
certs/formal training definitely gave me the leg up on my peers.  As a
result, my ROI should be paid off in less than 18 months due to the
increase in salary at my new job.

I guess I will be signing off later today, and hopefully, will be
signing on with my new email address in the next day or two.  I can't
see myself going to long without the advice and peerless technical savvy
displayed here.

Thanks, Steve, and everyone!

Randall R. Anthony