[AccessD] Use if HIT ODBC/400 with Access 2003 - X Posted

Bud Goss bgoss711 at ameritech.net
Fri Apr 15 11:39:26 CDT 2005

Greetings from a long time ACCESSD lurker

I have used the HIT Software Inc with Access 97 databases to establish links to our AS400 tables for quite a while.

When I attempt to use this software with an Access 2003 database to establish an ODBC link to our AS400 ( for many - not all -  tables ) the system will not create an ODBC link.

The message I get is Index already exists. Pressing Help gives the message "Index already exists. (Error 3284)" You cannot have two indexes with the same name in a table. Rename one of the indexes.

But I can take the same table and establish an ODBC link with an Access 97 database.

I have attempted to do this on several Access 2003 databases ( Including a new totaly empty Access 2003 database) and have the same problem.

I have sent HIT Software trace files for this situation.They have not yet been able to determine the cause of this anomoly.

I suspect that the problem is in Access 2003 rather than with anything in our AS400.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, do you have a solution.