[AccessD] ODBC For AS400 with Access 2003 - solution- Documented Microsoft Bug

Bud Goss bgoss711 at ameritech.net
Tue Apr 19 16:31:48 CDT 2005

I initially named this topic Use if (typo should be "of" not "if")
HIT ODBC/400 with Access 2003

I have renamed this solution post because the problem is not exclusive to the HIT Software ODBC driver. It will occur also occur with IBM's iSeries Access driver- and probably others as well.

If you encounter this (getting a message that an "Index Aready Exists") when working with an Access 2003 database refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles

811963
870753
837001

With my Hit software, I learned that the problem can be by-passed by un-checking the SQLStasistics option.

With the iSeries software, a couple of hotfix installs are required.I have not actually installed the hotfixs on a test machine yet, but am reasonably confident that this will resolve the issue.

Thanks to all who commented..