[AccessD] Autonumber/autoincrement

Kaup, Chester A kaupca at chevrontexaco.com
Tue Apr 26 15:44:06 CDT 2005

I have a database of oilfield injection wells. Periodically the wells
are changed from injecting water to injecting CO2 or visa versa. The
changes are independent from one well to the next. The records in the
table have well name, cycle number, injection fluid type and date of
change. I can build a form with drop down for well name and injection
fluid type. I could also use a calendar control for the date. I would
like the cycle number to fill in by itself based on the cycle number of
the previous record for the well getting a new record. Can this be done
using some kind of autoincrement?

Chester Kaup
Information Management Technician
IT-MidContinent/MidContinent Business Unit
CTN 8-687-7415
Outside 432-687-7415

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large